I want to develop a simple application. I know how to do the
"distinct" things for the app, but I don't know some basics. That is,
I want this to sit on a desktop and "do something" with stuff dropped
on it. I guess I have two questions. First, what languages can I do
this in? Do I need C/C++ or can I make a Perl (or other script) app
that can take such an input? If possible I want to have this run on
*nix and MS-Win. Second, can someone point me to a sample application
I can use?

--
Matt Silberstein