how to make disabled text look 3D? - Programmer

This is a discussion on how to make disabled text look 3D? - Programmer ; hi all if you right click on any of the buttons in the task bar, the disabled options (usually Move, Size and Maximize) look 3D. anyone know what it's called and how to get this effect? I need to draw ...

  1. how to make disabled text look 3D?

    hi all

    if you right click on any of the buttons in the task bar, the disabled
    options (usually Move, Size and Maximize) look 3D. anyone know what
    it's called and how to get this effect? I need to draw some text on a
    dynamically created bitmap and make it look disabled.

    TIA

  2. Re: how to make disabled text look 3D?

    Draw the same text in white font one pixel to the right before you draw the
    gray text. (i think it's just a drop shadow)

    AliR

    wrote in message
    news:1114637385.932763.261300@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > hi all
    >
    > if you right click on any of the buttons in the task bar, the disabled
    > options (usually Move, Size and Maximize) look 3D. anyone know what
    > it's called and how to get this effect? I need to draw some text on a
    > dynamically created bitmap and make it look disabled.
    >
    > TIA

  3. Re: how to make disabled text look 3D?

    that was my first guess, but when you draw it the second time, won't it
    erase what's been drawn previously? anyway, thanks for the pointer,
    I'll give it a try.

  4. Re: how to make disabled text look 3D?

    Not if you set the background to transparent

    dc.SetBKMode(TRANSPARENT);

    AliR.

    wrote in message
    news:1114788013.580810.135120@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > that was my first guess, but when you draw it the second time, won't it
    > erase what's been drawn previously? anyway, thanks for the pointer,
    > I'll give it a try.

+ Reply to Thread