I have a USB device and am wanting to work on my installation
procedure to handle both device-first and software-first,
on m way to getting the driver signed.

One of my goals for software-first is to install the driver
so that the user is never bothered with the Device Wizard.

But during development of the installer, I am working with an
as-yet-unsigned driver. And it's myunderstanding that the system
will always present the user with the wizard if the installed
driver is not signed. Is that correct?

So my question is, then, is there a way I can truly test the final
behavior of the installer with a driver that's not yet signed?
This seems very chicken-or-egg to me.

thanks,
fred ross-perry
intellitools