Locking a program's pages in memory? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Locking a program's pages in memory? - Programmer ; Hi all, (Sorry for the crossposting - there's just too many groups!) Is there a way under Windows 2000 to lock an application's pages (both text and data) into physical memory such that they're never paged out? Ideally I'd like ...

  1. Locking a program's pages in memory?

    Hi all,

    (Sorry for the crossposting - there's just too many groups!)

    Is there a way under Windows 2000 to lock an application's pages
    (both text and data) into physical memory such that they're never
    paged out? Ideally I'd like to also have the pages for any
    dynamically allocated memory locked as they are allocated.

    Is this possible in 2000? Please note that I'm not all concerned
    about general-case behavior and ill effects on other apps - these
    applications are the most important ones the system will see and
    their paging activity needs to be as low as possible.

    Thanks very much,
    Dave

  2. Re: Locking a program's pages in memory?

    "Dave Littell" wrote in message
    > Is there a way under Windows 2000 to lock an application's pages
    > (both text and data) into physical memory such that they're never
    > paged out?

    Look for VirtualLock in MSDN.

+ Reply to Thread