Hi;

I need to query whether or not a BREAK condition is received on an
RS232 port at a given instant. Unfortunately, GetCommModemStatus()
seems not to be able to report this. The WaitCommEvent() can wait for
this condition and report if it happened, but I need to query the state
without blocking.

Can it be that there is no way to do that, apart from launching a
separate thread monitoring the comport and updating a break flag when
the condition? Another problem with that approach is that there seems
to be no way to wait for the BREAK condition to be dropped again. :/
Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance,
/\/\\ads Orbesen Troest