Can a MSVC provject be both lib and exe? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Can a MSVC provject be both lib and exe? - Programmer ; For consistent testing distribution, I was wondering if an MSVC6 project can compile to either a lib, or an exe, depending on the selected build configuration. If not, what is a good way to integrate tests into the MSVC6 envronment? ...

  1. Can a MSVC provject be both lib and exe?

    --
    Kevin

  2. Re: Can a MSVC provject be both lib and exe?

    Create two projects, one an EXE and one a LIB. Have them share source files.
    I don't believe it's possible to switch as EXEs and LIBs have different
    toolsets associated with them; they are fundamentally different types of
    project.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

    "K Saff" wrote in message
    news:b86b47e.0312021127.2191a07e@posting.google.co m...
    > For consistent testing distribution, I was wondering if an MSVC6
    > project can compile to either a lib, or an exe, depending on the
    > selected build configuration. If not, what is a good way to integrate
    > tests into the MSVC6 envronment?
    >
    > --
    > Kevin

+ Reply to Thread