Error: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL - Programmer

This is a discussion on Error: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL - Programmer ; Hi, I'm trying to make some modifications to an old 16-bit program written in C using Windows SDK on Windows 95. When I attempt to open any .RC file in App studio V1.5, I get the following error: "Fatal Error ...

  1. Error: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL

    Hi,

    I'm trying to make some modifications to an old 16-bit program
    written in C using Windows SDK on Windows 95. When I attempt to open
    any .RC file in App studio V1.5, I get the following error:
    "Fatal Error C1007: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL"

    This error also occurs when I try to open the Sample code that came
    with MSVC V1.5.

    Does anybody know how this problem might be fixed?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Error: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL

    Hind wrote:

    > I'm trying to make some modifications to an old 16-bit program
    > written in C using Windows SDK on Windows 95. When I attempt to open
    > any .RC file in App studio V1.5, I get the following error:
    > "Fatal Error C1007: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL"

    The RC file is nothing more than a text file. Just open the file
    in notepad.exe, and use a c++ comment to devide and conquer the
    code. Using this approach you should eventually find the line(s)
    of code causing the problem.

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.90 out now)
    "The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
    Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com

  3. Re: Error: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL

    Thank you for your response.

    I don't think it's the RC file code. I get the same error message
    when I try to compile teh sample code that came with the compiler. In
    addition, this problem occurs only when I'm compiling on a windows 95
    machine. I can compile without a problem on a Windows 2000 machine.
    any other recommendations?

    Jussi Jumppanen wrote in message news:<3FCA8679.6CF9@zeusedit.com>...
    > Hind wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to make some modifications to an old 16-bit program
    > > written in C using Windows SDK on Windows 95. When I attempt to open
    > > any .RC file in App studio V1.5, I get the following error:
    > > "Fatal Error C1007: Unrecognized Flag '\RC23' in CL"

    > The RC file is nothing more than a text file. Just open the file
    > in notepad.exe, and use a c++ comment to devide and conquer the
    > code. Using this approach you should eventually find the line(s)
    > of code causing the problem.
    >
    > Jussi Jumppanen
    > Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.90 out now)
    > "The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
    > Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com

+ Reply to Thread