how to recieve data in through the Infared port?? - Programmer

This is a discussion on how to recieve data in through the Infared port?? - Programmer ; hi. i have to write an application that takes input through the infared port on my laptop and , depending on what info it recieves, it performs an action.im using c# but unfortunately i have no clue how to start ...

  1. how to recieve data in through the Infared port??

    hi. i have to write an application that takes input through the
    infared port on my laptop and , depending on what info it recieves, it
    performs an action.im using c# but unfortunately i have no clue how to
    start this off. any help would be greatly appriciated. o, i saw the
    example on code project and its no help as it is in C and i have no
    clue of how to understand C.

  2. Re: how to recieve data in through the Infared port??

    On 26 Nov 2003 10:05:24 -0800, schmintan@yahoo.co.uk (fguihen) wrote:

    >hi. i have to write an application that takes input through the
    >infared port on my laptop and , depending on what info it recieves, it
    >performs an action.im using c# but unfortunately i have no clue how to
    >start this off. any help would be greatly appriciated. o, i saw the
    >example on code project and its no help as it is in C and i have no
    >clue of how to understand C.

    I use C++, so I can't help you with code. I know I used IRComm, so
    maybe looking for info about it will help you.

    I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    look up
    c# ir
    and got 18,700 hits. Way too many to wade through, but maybe the first
    few will give you enough info to refine the search string.
    I also tried
    c# ircomm
    and got 14 hits. Most seem specific to Compact Framework (as for
    Pocket PCs), so I'm not sure how much help they will be for you.

    The following _might_ be useful. It does talk about getting a program
    to run on Palm-size PC _and_ desktop:
    http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0599/wince/wince.asp

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.