Self Register DLL -- how to? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Self Register DLL -- how to? - Programmer ; I have a dll; that I want to allow users to do "regsvr32 mydll.dll" -- what do I need to do to make that happen? DllRegisterServer() must exist, I know; and does that call just update the registry? is that ...

  1. Self Register DLL -- how to?

    I have a dll; that I want to allow users to do "regsvr32 mydll.dll" --
    what do I need to do to make that happen?

    DllRegisterServer() must exist, I know; and does that call just update the
    registry? is that all it does?

    Thanks
    -josh

  2. Re: Self Register DLL -- how to?

    "Josh Assing" wrote in message
    > DllRegisterServer() must exist, I know; and does that call just update the
    > registry? is that all it does?

    Yes.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)