Internet keyboard with special key - Programmer

This is a discussion on Internet keyboard with special key - Programmer ; Hello All, just a question: I conneced my PC (WinXP) to an "Internet Keyboard" with some special keys like Internet, Search, Volume, a.s.o. That works without installing a driver for the keyboard. How does this work? Is there API for ...

  1. Internet keyboard with special key

    Hello All,
    just a question:

    I conneced my PC (WinXP) to an "Internet Keyboard" with
    some special keys like Internet, Search, Volume, a.s.o.
    That works without installing a driver for the keyboard.

    How does this work?

    Is there API for the functions behind that?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Internet keyboard with special key

    Windows sends WM_APPCOMMAND to the window with the focus.

    At the hardware level, the extra keys have new scan codes. The difference is
    that these keys give you WM_APPCOMMAND, not WM_KEYDOWN.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

    "Louis Laval" wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    > just a question:
    >
    > I conneced my PC (WinXP) to an "Internet Keyboard" with
    > some special keys like Internet, Search, Volume, a.s.o.
    > That works without installing a driver for the keyboard.
    >
    > How does this work?
    >
    > Is there API for the functions behind that?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread