Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU - Programmer

This is a discussion on Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU - Programmer ; http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,21....html/wn_ascii http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...3XboxIBMPR.asp Geoffrey (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail) -- WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if: (a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter, (b) quoted material exceeds 75% of total message content, ...

  1. Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU

    --
    WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if:
    (a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter,
    (b) quoted material exceeds 75% of total message content, and/or
    (c) HTML is used to format text and/or embed non-ASCII items.

  2. Re: Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU

    It's isn't yet certain what CPU they will use, IBM also may be making AMD's
    x86-64 in the future as well.....

    Also IBM has quite a number of PowerPCs, the "G5" is only one and is really
    just a cut down version of IBMs PowerPC procs. Hopehully we would see one of
    the Power4+ procs (or the new Power5).

    "Geoffrey" wrote in message
    > http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,21....html/wn_ascii
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...3XboxIBMPR.asp
    >

    > Geoffrey
    >
    > (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)
    > --
    > WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if:
    > (a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter,
    > (b) quoted material exceeds 75% of total message content, and/or
    > (c) HTML is used to format text and/or embed non-ASCII items.

  3. Re: Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU

    Geoffrey wrote:

    > http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,21....html/wn_ascii
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...3XboxIBMPR.asp
    >

    > Geoffrey
    >
    > (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)

    I highly doubt this will be the case. Heck, wasn't AMD suppose to be in
    the original XBox until Intel underbid them last minute. Until we start
    seeing some working dev kits, I am skeptical.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

  4. Re: Xbox 2 to use IBM 'G5' CPU

    As far as im concerned, if theres the gap tech wise in the next gen of
    machines as there is between ps2 an xbox , i hardly think it matters
    "Nicholas Andrade" wrote in message
    news%_pb.20191$St6.16682@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
    > Geoffrey wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,21....html/wn_ascii
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...3XboxIBMPR.asp
    > >

    > > Geoffrey
    > >
    > > (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)

    > I highly doubt this will be the case. Heck, wasn't AMD suppose to be in
    > the original XBox until Intel underbid them last minute. Until we start
    > seeing some working dev kits, I am skeptical.
    >
    > Adios,
    > ~Nick

+ Reply to Thread