I'm using a resource DLL to substitute text and dialogs in a
Windows app to support other languages. However, a few dialogs
are loaded from the .exe's resources via a third party library,
that mis-behaves and does not load from the dLL. I am trying
to do a runtime substitution of the resources, transferring the
dialogs from the DLL to the EXE's copy, so when the third party
library loads from the exe, it gets the DLLs copy.

I have starter code that looks sort of like this:

HINSTANCE hInstExe = AfxGetInstanceHandle(); // exe instance
HINSTANCE hInst = LoadLibrary("MyResource.dll"); // dll instance
if(hInst != NULL)
{
AfxSetResourceHandle(hInst);
//
HRSRC hRes = FindResource(hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_MYDIALOG),
RT_DIALOG);
if (hRes)
{
HGLOBAL hResLoadDLL = LoadResource(hInst, hRes);
LPVOID lpResLockedDLLCopy = LockResource(hResLoadDLL);
//
// Get exe's copy
HRSRC hResExe = FindResource(hInstExe,
MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_MYDIALOG), RT_DIALOG);
HGLOBAL hResLoadExe = LoadResource(hInstExe, hResExe);
//