missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...) - Programmer

This is a discussion on missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...) - Programmer ; Hi I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp (sourceforge.net) source. When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings): Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h' Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h' Cannot open ...

  1. missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...)

    Hi

    I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp
    (sourceforge.net) source.
    When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings):

    Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h'
    Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h'
    Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h'

    Can somebody help me?

  2. Re: missing include files (sys/param.h, sys/socket.h, net/if.h, ...)

    "Ronald Meier" wrote in message
    > I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP5 under windows 2k. I tried to compile the net-snmp
    > (sourceforge.net) source.
    > When I try to compile, I get the following errors (missings):
    >
    > Cannot open include file: 'sys/param.h'
    > Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h'
    > Cannot open include file: 'net/if.h'
    >
    > Can somebody help me?

    Not easily. These are Unix-specific header files which aren't available on
    Windows. You might want to try building under Cygwin, which should include
    enough Unix emulation to build your app.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread