Decompiling string table from exe/dll file - Programmer

This is a discussion on Decompiling string table from exe/dll file - Programmer ; Does anyone know or maybe can help finding some materials about reading string table from exe/dll file under Visual C++ ? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance! -- Greetings --== T r o L o o ==--...

  1. Decompiling string table from exe/dll file

    --
    Greetings --== T r o L o o ==--

  2. Re: Decompiling string table from exe/dll file

    You need to find the exe file type (i.e. what specific file format does your
    compiler compile the code into). Once you find out that you then need to
    find out where in the file all the various parts are stored. Once you get
    documentation on the file format you will be able to navigate through the
    file (in the same way the loader does when you run the exe.).
    All things are like strings, constansts, variables are stored in defined
    places in the exes and the info can be extracted, the key is getting info on
    the file format of the exe.

    What you need to do is look up the target CPU documentation to see what kind
    of file formats they use....

    Regards

    "TroLoo" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know or maybe can help finding some materials about reading
    > string table from exe/dll file under Visual C++ ? I would really
    > appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
    >
    > --
    > Greetings --== T r o L o o ==--

  3. Re: Decompiling string table from exe/dll file

    Are you talking about resources? if so; there's a program called "reshacker.exe"
    that allows you to edit/update/add resources tables in a compiled exe.

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:04:44 +0200, TroLoo
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know or maybe can help finding some materials about reading
    >string table from exe/dll file under Visual C++ ? I would really
    >appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread