Somebody screwed up. I am left with the exchange database files (edb
and stm) and very little likelyhood of recovering the exchange server to
its origional state so I can reload them. I am continuing to try adding
updates and reattempting, but I don't even know if I have the correct
organization name and such.

Right now I can start the store service but the M drive contains only
900M of "free space".

The task I have been given is to retrieve the emails out of these
databases by whatever means possible, if possible. I am hoping that
someone here might have some insight that could help me, pointers to
documents for an interface to these files, information on the datatypes
used to read/write the edb file (it is a B+tree with 4k pages is all I
know).

Any sort of information at all is probably helpful at this point.

NR