Window that is visible, but passes events through? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Window that is visible, but passes events through? - Programmer ; Like the subject says. I've seen a lot of people wanting an invisible window that still captures input, but I need the opposite! There is not much info on this on usenet. I know about WS_EX_LAYERED, but there is a ...

  1. Window that is visible, but passes events through?

    Like the subject says. I've seen a lot of people wanting an invisible
    window that still captures input, but I need the opposite! There is
    not much info on this on usenet.

    I know about WS_EX_LAYERED, but there is a catch (isnt there always):
    its gotta work on Windows 98! WS_EX_LAYERED only came in with Windows
    2000.

    BTW The reason I need this is to allow drag and drop of small windows
    onto HTML elements in a WebBrowser control. The HTML elements aren't
    getting the mouse events, because the small window is always directly
    underneat the mouse pointer.

    Thanks for any help.

    roger

  2. Re: Window that is visible, but passes events through?

    roger128shrubber@hotmail.com (Roger Shrubber) wrote:

    > Like the subject says. I've seen a lot of people wanting an invisible
    > window that still captures input, but I need the opposite! There is
    > not much info on this on usenet.
    >
    > roger

    Hi roger,

    Handle the WM_NCHITTEST message and always return HTTRANSPARENT.

    roger

+ Reply to Thread