changing a running executable - Programmer

This is a discussion on changing a running executable - Programmer ; Hello ng, Is there a way to change a string in a running executable file (RAM and! harddisk) ? I wonder if I could get somehow around these windows file-protections of running files. Maybe you know some piece of low-level ...

  1. changing a running executable

    Hello ng,

    Is there a way to change a string in a running executable file (RAM and!
    harddisk) ?
    I wonder if I could get somehow around these windows file-protections of
    running files.
    Maybe you know some piece of low-level Api code to help me with this
    problem.
    Please do not suggest any other ways to store data... as I'm only interested
    in changing
    a running exe file.

    Thanks in advance
    Philipp Bader

  2. Re: changing a running executable

    "Philipp Bader" wrote in message news:...
    > Hello ng,
    >
    > Is there a way to change a string in a running executable file (RAM and!
    > harddisk) ?

    > Please do not suggest any other ways to store data... as I'm only interested
    > in changing
    > a running exe file.

    An MS-DOS program running in DOS compatibility mode can do this. Would that do?

+ Reply to Thread