hotkey - Programmer

This is a discussion on hotkey - Programmer ; Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to ...

  1. hotkey

    Hi
    I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup.
    What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in
    regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a
    try.

    What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a
    keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The
    functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main
    thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what
    application is on top.

    The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the keyup and keydown at
    the same time if at all and that hooks do not work under CE. If anyone has a
    suggestion that proves those impressions wrong or an idea how to get around
    it, then I would be really greatful.

    Thanks
    John
    john_hill_99 at hotmail.com

  2. Re: hotkey

    "john hill" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    > I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup.
    > What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in
    > regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a
    > try.
    >
    > What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a
    > keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The
    > functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main
    > thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what
    > application is on top.
    >
    > The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the keyup and keydown at
    > the same time if at all and that hooks do not work under CE. If anyone has a
    > suggestion that proves those impressions wrong or an idea how to get around
    > it, then I would be really greatful.
    >
    > Thanks
    > John
    > john_hill_99 at hotmail.com

    Here's how the VNC does the mouse and keyboard captures.

    http://www.slink-software.com/W/SrcD...insrc.sdoc/N_8

    http://www.slink-software.com/W/SL_T...0/LN_280#L_277

    I believe VNC has been ported to the CE environment. If you can
    control
    ..NET CE from the normal windows desktop, then someone has find a way
    hook into the pocket PC environment for keyboard capture.

    Good Luck.
    --
    The "source" is out there.

+ Reply to Thread