hotkeys and keyup - Programmer

This is a discussion on hotkeys and keyup - Programmer ; Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to ...

  1. hotkeys and keyup

    Hi
    I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup.
    What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in
    regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a
    try.

    What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a
    keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The
    functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main
    thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what
    application is on top.

    The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the keyup and keydown at
    the same time if at all and that hooks do not work under CE. If anyone has a
    suggestion that proves those impressions wrong or an idea how to get around
    it, then I would be really greatful.

    Thanks
    John
    john_hill_99 at hotmail.com

  2. Re: hotkeys and keyup

    hi,

    i don't know if this works with winCE .. but
    i think you're looking for
    BOOL RegisterHotKey( HWND hWnd, int id, UINT fsModifiers, UINT vk );
    --
    philipp bader

+ Reply to Thread