ICONs - Programmer

This is a discussion on ICONs - Programmer ; I changed the default ICON in my app using Visual C++. It is referenced as IDR_MAINFRAME the same as original. If I compile it, the icon on the EXE looks like the default MFC one unless I switch to display ...

  1. ICONs

    I changed the default ICON in my app using Visual C++. It is
    referenced as IDR_MAINFRAME the same as original. If I compile it,
    the icon on the EXE looks like the default MFC one unless I switch to
    display large ICONs, then it is
    visible. When I add it to a short cut or attemp to change the
    shortcuts ICON. It shows up as the default MFC. What gives?

  2. Re: ICONs

    You can edit the 16x16 and 32x32 images separately. Looks like you've just
    changed the 32x32 icon. If you're using VC++ 6, select the Small option from
    the combo box above the icon editor. I haven't found how to do this in
    VS.NET yet.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

    "Daniel Allex" wrote in message
    news:686be06c.0309290355.69dfa2c5@posting.google.c om...
    > I changed the default ICON in my app using Visual C++. It is
    > referenced as IDR_MAINFRAME the same as original. If I compile it,
    > the icon on the EXE looks like the default MFC one unless I switch to
    > display large ICONs, then it is
    > visible. When I add it to a short cut or attemp to change the
    > shortcuts ICON. It shows up as the default MFC. What gives?

+ Reply to Thread