How can I select the filename of the youngerst file in a specified directory? - Programmer

This is a discussion on How can I select the filename of the youngerst file in a specified directory? - Programmer ; Hi! I have to transfer the youngerst file of a directory every ten minutes via ftp. Unfortunately the name does not stay the same, every new version has a new name. At the moment Ive got a ftp-script which works ...

  1. How can I select the filename of the youngerst file in a specified directory?

    Hi!

    I have to transfer the youngerst file of a directory every ten minutes via
    ftp.
    Unfortunately the name does not stay the same, every new version has a new
    name.
    At the moment Ive got a ftp-script which works fine, but the filename has
    to be changed every time manuelly.
    I think it should be possible to make a bat file which generates the
    ftp-script individually - but Im not used to bat-scripts, so Im asking
    here for help.

    thanks
    Petra

  2. Re: How can I select the filename of the youngerst file in a specified directory?

    Are you used to the Windows API? Then it should be easy with
    FindFirstFile/FindNextFile/FindClose, or maybe even ReadDirectoryChangesW.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

    "Petra Hasenrath" wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have to transfer the youngerst file of a directory every ten minutes via
    > ftp.
    > Unfortunately the name does not stay the same, every new version has a new
    > name.
    > At the moment Ive got a ftp-script which works fine, but the filename has
    > to be changed every time manuelly.
    > I think it should be possible to make a bat file which generates the
    > ftp-script individually - but Im not used to bat-scripts, so Im asking
    > here for help.
    >
    > thanks
    > Petra

+ Reply to Thread