newbie question - Programmer

This is a discussion on newbie question - Programmer ; I dont know if I am posting to the proper newsgroup... I am trying to create a program in Visual C++. This program will take strings as input, and I want to be able to save that and load it. ...

  1. newbie question

    I dont know if I am posting to the proper newsgroup...

    I am trying to create a program in Visual C++. This program will take
    strings as input, and I want to be able to save that and load it. I
    know how to do this by using App Wizard and using single document and
    turning on view/doc support.

    What if I dont want a view class? I only want to use a dialog based
    program and use a document class to save and open files. Basically I
    would like to use two command buttons (save and open) within a dialog.

    Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.

    ---Mr. visual c++ noob

  2. Re: newbie question

    Rich wrote:

    > I dont know if I am posting to the proper newsgroup...
    >
    > I am trying to create a program in Visual C++. This program will take
    > strings as input, and I want to be able to save that and load it. I
    > know how to do this by using App Wizard and using single document and
    > turning on view/doc support.
    >
    > What if I dont want a view class? I only want to use a dialog based
    > program and use a document class to save and open files. Basically I
    > would like to use two command buttons (save and open) within a dialog.
    >
    > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > ---Mr. visual c++ noob

    Yes it is quite possible. You can just make up your own document class,
    unrelated to the MFC CDocument. About the only unobvious thing you have
    to learn how to do is use CFileDialog to do the Open and Save As
    dialogs.

    Another option would be a doc/view program using a CFormView. It will
    look like a dialog-based app but will have the regular File menu and
    CDocument.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread