Creating Windows Popup Messages Before Saves - Programmer

This is a discussion on Creating Windows Popup Messages Before Saves - Programmer ; Is there an easy way to create or write and app that will listen for when a user saves to a specified directory and then popup a message. I need to add a little disclaimer for whenever users save to ...

  1. Creating Windows Popup Messages Before Saves

    Is there an easy way to create or write and app that will listen for
    when a user saves to a specified directory and then popup a message.
    I need to add a little disclaimer for whenever users save to a certain
    spot, I have some programming experience so that is fine, but not all
    of our users have Perl or the JRE loaded on their machines. Thanks in
    Advance.

    Mike

  2. Re: Creating Windows Popup Messages Before Saves

    Tons-O-Fun wrote:

    > Is there an easy way to create or write and app that will listen for
    > when a user saves to a specified directory and then popup a message.
    > I need to add a little disclaimer for whenever users save to a certain
    > spot, I have some programming experience so that is fine, but not all
    > of our users have Perl or the JRE loaded on their machines. Thanks in
    > Advance.
    >
    > Mike

    Quite easy - probably about a 10 line "console" program in C. If you
    look up the FindFirstChangeNotification function it will lead you to an
    example code snippet.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread