bootable disk with harddisk access - Programmer

This is a discussion on bootable disk with harddisk access - Programmer ; Hello I have crashed my ntfs harddisk unbootable. In order to solve this, I have downloaded ntrecover.exe from sysinternals.com and programmed a program, that read blocks from the hard disk over the serial cable to a running pc to analyze ...

  1. bootable disk with harddisk access

    Hello

    I have crashed my ntfs harddisk unbootable. In order to solve this, I have
    downloaded ntrecover.exe from sysinternals.com and programmed
    a program, that read blocks from the hard disk over the serial cable
    to a running pc to analyze the ntfs blocks. Everything was working
    like a charm until I detected that ntrecover cannot access blocks
    higher than or equal 0x800000. Now, my idea is to create sort of a boot disk
    of my own with my programm so that I can read all blocks I need.

    Of course I am open for all suggestions

    A.A.

  2. Re: bootable disk with harddisk access

    if you just want to read the blocks off a disk and analyze them, you don't need
    to mount the disk as NTFS, so you don't need the sysinternals.com programs. A
    simple MSDOS program will do... which you can create under win9x and use one of
    the win9x boot floppies.

    David
    Albert Albani wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have crashed my ntfs harddisk unbootable. In order to solve this, I have
    > downloaded ntrecover.exe from sysinternals.com and programmed
    > a program, that read blocks from the hard disk over the serial cable
    > to a running pc to analyze the ntfs blocks. Everything was working
    > like a charm until I detected that ntrecover cannot access blocks
    > higher than or equal 0x800000. Now, my idea is to create sort of a boot disk
    > of my own with my programm so that I can read all blocks I need.
    >
    > Of course I am open for all suggestions
    >
    > A.A.

+ Reply to Thread