Run before EXPLORER.EXE - Programmer

This is a discussion on Run before EXPLORER.EXE - Programmer ; Hi all, I'd need to run an utility before Explorer gets loaded. What registry entry should I use? On NT/2000/XP will it work also if who installs the program doesn't have administrator privileges? Thanks, John...

  1. Run before EXPLORER.EXE

    Hi all,

    I'd need to run an utility before Explorer gets loaded.
    What registry entry should I use? On NT/2000/XP will it work
    also if who installs the program doesn't have administrator
    privileges?

    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: Run before EXPLORER.EXE

    I believe the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce key
    might do the trick.

    Bob

    "John K." wrote in message
    news:RVSSa.192651$Ny5.5459781@twister2.libero.it.. .
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'd need to run an utility before Explorer gets loaded.
    > What registry entry should I use? On NT/2000/XP will it work
    > also if who installs the program doesn't have administrator
    > privileges?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

+ Reply to Thread