Re: LockSetForegroundWindow emulation on pre ME/2000 - Programmer

This is a discussion on Re: LockSetForegroundWindow emulation on pre ME/2000 - Programmer ; "John K." wrote in message news:eGLRa.184324$lK4.5231951@twister1.libero.it.. . > Hi all, > > How can I emulate the LockSetForegroundWindow() function in a pre > Windows ME/2000 system? Is using API hooks the only possibility? Yes, AFAIK hooking SetForegroundWindow is the only ...

  1. Re: LockSetForegroundWindow emulation on pre ME/2000

    "John K." wrote in message
    news:eGLRa.184324$lK4.5231951@twister1.libero.it.. .
    > Hi all,
    >
    > How can I emulate the LockSetForegroundWindow() function in a pre
    > Windows ME/2000 system? Is using API hooks the only possibility?

    Yes, AFAIK hooking SetForegroundWindow is the only way, assuming that
    you really want to emulate such a nasty fix (possibly nastier then the
    problem it's meant to fix).

    --

    -GJC
    -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)

    -Abolish public schools

  2. Re: LockSetForegroundWindow emulation on pre ME/2000

    "Gary Chanson" wrote in message

    > "John K." wrote in message
    > news:eGLRa.184324$lK4.5231951@twister1.libero.it.. .
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > How can I emulate the LockSetForegroundWindow() function in a pre
    > > Windows ME/2000 system? Is using API hooks the only possibility?

    > Yes, AFAIK hooking SetForegroundWindow is the only way, assuming that
    > you really want to emulate such a nasty fix (possibly nastier then the
    > problem it's meant to fix).

    If i wanted to implement similar functionality on other systems then i would
    make my window Topmost and then un-Topmost it when my window loses
    the focus.

    - Sten

  3. Re: LockSetForegroundWindow emulation on pre ME/2000

    "Sten Westerback" wrote in message

    > "Gary Chanson" wrote in message
    > >
    > > "John K." wrote in message
    > > news:eGLRa.184324$lK4.5231951@twister1.libero.it.. .
    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > How can I emulate the LockSetForegroundWindow() function in a pre
    > > > Windows ME/2000 system? Is using API hooks the only possibility?

    > > Yes, AFAIK hooking SetForegroundWindow is the only way, assuming
    > > that
    > > you really want to emulate such a nasty fix (possibly nastier then the
    > > problem it's meant to fix).

    > If i wanted to implement similar functionality on other systems then i
    > would
    > make my window Topmost and then un-Topmost it when my window loses
    > the focus.

    The OP specifically excluded this solution.

    --

    -GJC
    -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
    -gchanson@mvps.org

    -Abolish public schools

+ Reply to Thread