Combine right-click menus/items - Programmer

This is a discussion on Combine right-click menus/items - Programmer ; Say I have my regular windows right click menu for the desktop. Say then I see a windows style right click menu in a program like Opera 7.1, for example, copy e-mail address is an item available in Opera 7.1's ...

  1. Combine right-click menus/items

    Say I have my regular windows right click menu for the desktop. Say
    then I see a windows style right click menu in a program like Opera
    7.1, for example, copy e-mail address is an item available in Opera
    7.1's right click menu. How do I combine menus/items into one and get
    the functionality of all these items onto one menu?

    I gather this may be simpler than actual programming per se?

  2. Re: Combine right-click menus/items

    geercon@alltel.net (David) wrote in message news:...
    > Say I have my regular windows right click menu for the desktop. Say
    > then I see a windows style right click menu in a program like Opera
    > 7.1, for example, copy e-mail address is an item available in Opera
    > 7.1's right click menu. How do I combine menus/items into one and get
    > the functionality of all these items onto one menu?
    >
    > I gather this may be simpler than actual programming per se?

    Hi David,
    To create an entry in the context menu (windows right click menu)
    it's necessary to first create
    a .bat file.

    Step 1. Create the batch file for the your functionality..

    Now that we have the .bat file created the next step is to make it
    functional and easily accessible by integrating it into the context
    menu that opens when a right click is executed. To do this:

    Step 2.
    Open "Windows Explorer", click "Tools", then click "Folder Options".
    Click the "File Types tab", and then click "Folder".
    Click the "Advanced" button and then click "New" to pen the New Action
    box shown below.

    In the "Action" box, type the name that you want to appear in the
    context menu. Browse to the location where the .bat file you created
    is located, select it and let it be the Application Used to Perform
    Actions. Click OK and do the standard Windows dance of Apply and OK
    again to close all the open windows.

    the context menu will display by right clicking the folder icon
    file.

    Regards
    [Anaz K Kabeer]

+ Reply to Thread