How can I enter "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually shut down? - Programmer

This is a discussion on How can I enter "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually shut down? - Programmer ; Hi, I want to enter a "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually do a normal shutdown (to the normal "safe shutown" state)... I wounder if I can, from my win32 application, set windows in some "safe shutdown" state and ...

  1. How can I enter "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually shut down?

    Hi,

    I want to enter a "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually
    do a normal shutdown (to the normal "safe shutown" state)...

    I wounder if I can, from my win32 application, set windows in some
    "safe shutdown" state and then cutting the power off, and not getting
    the "file recovery" handling on next reboot... I want to turn the power
    off when windows is actually running (some applications may be running).

    Is it possible to enter some safe shutdown state where I roughlty can cut
    the power when windows still is running? and not getting any recovery
    handling functionality calls on next reboot?

    I'm running windows Xp, and programming in C/C++ win32.

    Thanks in advance.

    Greetings Fredrik.

    For mail remove the clr_ after the _.

  2. Re: How can I enter "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually shut down?

    "Freddan" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to enter a "safe shutdown" state in windows without actually
    > do a normal shutdown (to the normal "safe shutown" state)...
    >
    > I wounder if I can, from my win32 application, set windows in some
    > "safe shutdown" state and then cutting the power off, and not getting
    > the "file recovery" handling on next reboot... I want to turn the power
    > off when windows is actually running (some applications may be running).
    >
    > Is it possible to enter some safe shutdown state where I roughlty can cut
    > the power when windows still is running? and not getting any recovery
    > handling functionality calls on next reboot?
    >
    > I'm running windows Xp, and programming in C/C++ win32.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Greetings Fredrik.
    >

    > For mail remove the clr_ after the _.

    Hi Fredrik,
    Use Win32 API ExitWindowsEx()
    or
    InitiateSystemShutdown() depends on your requirement

    InitiateSystemShutdown() can be aborted any time by calling AbortSystemShutdown.()
    Regards
    [Anaz K Kabeer]

+ Reply to Thread