joining link level (e.g. Ethernet) multicast group. - Programmer

This is a discussion on joining link level (e.g. Ethernet) multicast group. - Programmer ; Hi, How can we do this i.e. join link level multicast group (ethernet) on Windows? It seems there are IOCTL calls on other operating systems that can achieve this. Is it possible to do the same on Windows ? Thanks ...

  1. joining link level (e.g. Ethernet) multicast group.

    Hi,

    How can we do this i.e. join link level multicast group (ethernet) on
    Windows? It seems there are IOCTL calls on other operating systems
    that can achieve this. Is it possible to do the same on Windows ?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ranjan Sinha

  2. Re: joining link level (e.g. Ethernet) multicast group.

    NDIS protocol level drivers receive multicasts just by specifying a
    filter bit.
    There doesn't seem to be any API on ethernet level besides if this.
    If you need to receive eth mulicasts, make your own ndis protocol
    or use a pre-cooked solution: www.pcausa.com

    --PA

    Rnjn wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can we do this i.e. join link level multicast group (ethernet) on
    > Windows? It seems there are IOCTL calls on other operating systems
    > that can achieve this. Is it possible to do the same on Windows ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards,
    > Ranjan Sinha