need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Netredist for enduser - Programmer

This is a discussion on need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Netredist for enduser - Programmer ; I am having to cross-post because they said this doesn't belong in comp.lang.c++. I need a compiler that 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an AMD as well as Intel) 2. Doesn't require ...

  1. need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Netredist for enduser

    I am having to cross-post because they said this doesn't belong in
    comp.lang.c++.

    I need a compiler that

    1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
    AMD as well as Intel)

    2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
    other words, the code is self-contained)

    3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
    Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
    distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
    a single file).
    I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
    files.

    I am not sure, but I think VS2008's executeables require .net 3.5
    redist (?) somebody verify.

  2. Re: need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Net redist for enduser

    Like watcom C++?

    On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:12:36 -0700 (PDT), jmichae3@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I am having to cross-post because they said this doesn't belong in
    >comp.lang.c++.
    >
    >I need a compiler that
    >
    >1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
    >AMD as well as Intel)
    >

    >2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
    >other words, the code is self-contained)
    >

    >3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
    >Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
    >distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
    >a single file).
    >I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
    >files.
    >
    >I am not sure, but I think VS2008's executeables require .net 3.5
    >redist (?) somebody verify.

+ Reply to Thread