Memory Allocation Errors on 1 user (out of about 2000) - Programmer

This is a discussion on Memory Allocation Errors on 1 user (out of about 2000) - Programmer ; I am getting memory allocation errors (and the occasional heap corruption error) on one of my user's systems. The software is an MFC client application and the memory allocation errors seem to occur all across the board when I analyze ...

  1. Memory Allocation Errors on 1 user (out of about 2000)

    I am getting memory allocation errors (and the occasional heap
    corruption error) on one of my user's systems. The software is an MFC
    client application and the memory allocation errors seem to occur all
    across the board when I analyze their dmp files. Sometimes the error
    is in an MFC library trying to CMapPtrToPtr::GetValueAt, sometimes it
    is in a local base class in a tiny little function that retrieves some
    data from a static collection, and sometimes it is someplace entirely
    different. Every dmp file seems to point to a different location.

    Is it possible for a bad OS image to cause these types of problems?
    The client says they have replaced the workstation but I think they
    reapplied their "standard" OS Image which is what was on the original
    workstation.

  2. Re: Memory Allocation Errors on 1 user (out of about 2000)

    On May 30, 1:31*pm, "nmehr...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I am getting memory allocation errors (and the occasional heap
    > corruption error) on one of my user's systems. *The software is an MFC
    > client application and the memory allocation errors seem to occur all
    > across the board when I analyze their dmp files. *Sometimes the error
    > is in an MFC library trying to CMapPtrToPtr::GetValueAt, sometimes it
    > is in a local base class in a tiny little function that retrieves some
    > data from a static collection, and sometimes it is someplace entirely
    > different. *Every dmp file seems to point to a different location.
    >
    > Is it possible for a bad OS image to cause these types of problems?
    > The client says they have replaced the workstation but I think they
    > reapplied their "standard" OS Image which is what was on the original
    > workstation.

    These errors were a bug, they required a special sequence of events
    combined with some special program options to trigger the issue.

+ Reply to Thread