NT4 Ip Address change Options - Programmer

This is a discussion on NT4 Ip Address change Options - Programmer ; I have got to change the IP Address of an NT4 (or rather 30,000 NT4) Workstation SP6a machines without a reboot. I know that this is possible because you can do it from the Control panel gui and it appears ...

  1. NT4 Ip Address change Options

    I have got to change the IP Address of an NT4 (or rather 30,000 NT4)
    Workstation SP6a machines without a reboot.
    I know that this is possible because you can do it from the Control
    panel gui and it appears to work but I cant find the relevant
    librarys
    & calls to do this, I have tried Netsh and that doesnt appear to do
    the business, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

    Thanks

    Paddy Carroll

  2. Re: NT4 Ip Address change Options

    "pcarr01" wrote in message
    >I have got to change the IP Address of an NT4 (or rather 30,000 NT4)
    > Workstation SP6a machines without a reboot.
    > I know that this is possible because you can do it from the Control
    > panel gui and it appears to work but I cant find the relevant
    > librarys
    > & calls to do this, I have tried Netsh and that doesnt appear to do
    > the business, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

    Assuming they are Windows NT Workstation 4.0 SP4 or later i would go for WMI
    and Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration
    That is if i still were stupid enough to use an operating system version
    that has been unsupported for years!

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread