Detect USB drive, Memory Stick and SD/MMC in Windows - Programmer

This is a discussion on Detect USB drive, Memory Stick and SD/MMC in Windows - Programmer ; Using DeviceIoCtl is it possible to distinguish between a memory stick, an SD/MMC card and a pen drive all on the USB bus? I have an application in vc++ which is able to identify usb devices but is unable to ...

  1. Detect USB drive, Memory Stick and SD/MMC in Windows

    Using DeviceIoCtl is it possible to distinguish between a memory
    stick, an SD/MMC card and a pen drive all on the USB bus?
    I have an application in vc++ which is able to identify usb devices
    but is unable to isolate a pendrive from the devices. Ideally the app
    needs to locate all USB drives which have a read/writable filesystem.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Detect USB drive, Memory Stick and SD/MMC in Windows

    sengupta.amit@gmail.com wrote:
    > Using DeviceIoCtl is it possible to distinguish between a memory
    > stick, an SD/MMC card and a pen drive all on the USB bus?
    > I have an application in vc++ which is able to identify usb devices
    > but is unable to isolate a pendrive from the devices. Ideally the app
    > needs to locate all USB drives which have a read/writable filesystem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Ask on comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

+ Reply to Thread