Re: Howto create a directory for a different user - Programmer

This is a discussion on Re: Howto create a directory for a different user - Programmer ; "Sascha Bohnenkamp" wrote in message news:utc1v31tjiobdnkfdev8l3bfcjhkpv65c8@4ax.com... > Hi > > I want to create a directory from my C++ application. > This directory shall be owned by a diffeernt user. > > CreateDirectory gets some security stuff .. but I ...

  1. Re: Howto create a directory for a different user

    "Sascha Bohnenkamp" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to create a directory from my C++ application.
    > This directory shall be owned by a diffeernt user.
    >
    > CreateDirectory gets some security stuff .. but I cannot find how to
    > create the right descriptor. (why could MS not just use groups )

    Hmm.. you can certainly protect a folder by groups... You specify the
    security description for a single user the same way as a group -- only the
    SID change.
    The MSDN has lots of info about the Security API's so you should be able to
    find out how. There are also books diving into almost nothing else...
    Post some code if you can't make it work.

    - Sten

  2. Re: Howto create a directory for a different user

    >Hmm.. you can certainly protect a folder by groups... You specify the
    >security description for a single user the same way as a group -- only the
    >SID change.
    >The MSDN has lots of info about the Security API's so you should be able to
    >find out how. There are also books diving into almost nothing else...
    >Post some code if you can't make it work.

    well I see ...
    I now just run cacls in the background to make the settigns for me.
    Its just for some kind of installation. That seems to work.

    thank you

+ Reply to Thread