Reliable way to get window underneath mine? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Reliable way to get window underneath mine? - Programmer ; What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know ...

  1. Reliable way to get window underneath mine?

    What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine?

    Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the
    screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know if I can
    drop it on the window thats at x,y (not counting "Window A"). So I need to
    get this window handle somehow. WindowFromPoint() obviously gets "Window A".
    I'd rather not enumerate all the windows since that seems like a performance
    issue. Thanks.

  2. Re: Reliable way to get window underneath mine?

    Somebody wrote:
    > What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine?
    >
    > Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the
    > screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know if I can
    > drop it on the window thats at x,y (not counting "Window A"). So I need to
    > get this window handle somehow. WindowFromPoint() obviously gets "Window A".
    > I'd rather not enumerate all the windows since that seems like a performance
    > issue. Thanks.

    No other way.

+ Reply to Thread