exe path from PID - Programmer

This is a discussion on exe path from PID - Programmer ; Hi all, could anyone tell me a way to obtain 1. exe path from PID and/or 2. PID(s) of running instance(s) of an exe?...

  1. exe path from PID

    Hi all,

    could anyone tell me a way to obtain
    1. exe path from PID

    and/or

    2. PID(s) of running instance(s) of an exe?

  2. Re: exe path from PID

    I am using win32 API.

    pravin.chaudhary wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > could anyone tell me a way to obtain
    > 1. exe path from PID
    >
    > and/or
    >
    > 2. PID(s) of running instance(s) of an exe?

  3. Re: exe path from PID

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...01(VS.85).aspx

    --
    Norm

    To reply, change domain to an adult feline.

  4. Re: exe path from PID

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:57:25 -0800 (PST), "pravin.chaudhary"
    wrote:

    >I am using win32 API.
    >
    >pravin.chaudhary wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> could anyone tell me a way to obtain
    >> 1. exe path from PID
    >>
    >> and/or
    >>
    >> 2. PID(s) of running instance(s) of an exe?

    Norman Bullen provided a lead on getting the info from another
    process. If you want the info from within a process, GetModuleFileName
    should suffice. If it is passed NULL as a first argument, it will
    return the full path for the executable that started the process
    containing the caller.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com
    Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):