LSP Sample from Platform SDK Breaking Application Functionality - Programmer

This is a discussion on LSP Sample from Platform SDK Breaking Application Functionality - Programmer ; Hi All, I am going to develop an application based on layered service provider (LSP) sample provided by MSFT. Before that, i decided to run a few tests on the sample framework. I took this sample from the Platform SDK ...

  1. LSP Sample from Platform SDK Breaking Application Functionality

    Hi All,

    I am going to develop an application based on layered service
    provider (LSP) sample provided by MSFT. Before that, i decided to run
    a few tests on the sample framework. I took this sample from the
    Platform SDK i downloaded a month ago. Without making any change in
    the code at all, I compiled both the registrant and the dll using
    Visual Studio .Net2003.

    Everything went well as far as the compilation is concerned. The next
    thing i did was i fired up two virtual machines (using virtual PC).
    One was Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 and the other was XP 2002
    Base. I installed the LSP on XP (with success) and started the telnet
    sever to quickly check if things are working ok after the installation
    but it turned out that telnet server refused to start (errors
    mentioned below). I uninstalled the LSP and then tried to start the
    telnet server and it started successfully without a hitch. I tried the
    same on Win 2000 but the error is the same.

    The error displayed (in a dialog) says that:

    "The Telnet service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
    services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example,
    the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

    Event Logger displays the following errors associated with the telnet
    server: