Need help: HP9854B screen shows only an chess board. - Programmer

This is a discussion on Need help: HP9854B screen shows only an chess board. - Programmer ; I have the following problem on my vaio laptop using XP OS. If the system is connected to the network using dhcp it gets the IP, DNS and standard route. Everything looks proper. But not resolver (name resolving) is working ...

  1. Need help: HP9854B screen shows only an chess board.

    I have the following problem on my vaio laptop using XP OS.

    If the system is connected to the network using dhcp it gets the IP,
    DNS and standard route. Everything looks proper.

    But not resolver (name resolving) is working on BlueTooth (Handy) and
    Ethernet. Only if it is connected over WLAN then domain-name resolving
    works fine.

    But independent from the device nslookup works. But all services http,
    ssh, telnet eg. does not be able to resolve any domain.

    A second problem which possible was appearing with that problem I
    described before is, that the Windows Update is not longer working. I
    get always the error message [Fehlernummer: 0x8024402C]. I tried the
    hints on the internet as also the public Microsoft support, nothing
    has solved this problem.

    All hints ar welcome
    Thanks and Regards

    Mfg.
    Juergen

  2. Re: Need help: Resolver isn't working

    On 27 Jan., 12:39, JSievers wrote:
    > I have the following problem on my vaio laptop using XP OS.
    >
    > If the system is connected to the network using dhcp it gets the IP,
    > DNS and standard route. Everything looks proper.
    >
    > But no resolver (name resolving) is working on BlueTooth (Handy) and
    > Ethernet. Only if it is connected over WLAN then domain-name resolving
    > works fine.
    >
    > But independent from the device nslookup works. But all services http,
    > ssh, telnet eg. does not be able to resolve any domain.
    >
    > A second problem which possible was appearing with that problem I
    > described before is, that the Windows Update is not longer working. I
    > get always the error message [Fehlernummer: 0x8024402C]. I tried the
    > hints on the internet as also the public Microsoft support, nothing
    > has solved this problem.
    >
    > All hints ar welcome
    > Thanks and Regards
    >
    > Mfg.