get an object from a window and editing it - Programmer

This is a discussion on get an object from a window and editing it - Programmer ; hello, i trying to build a program which takes (on mouse click) the text of any given input text box on any window and change it. how do i get the object of the text box and set my text ...

  1. get an object from a window and editing it

    hello,
    i trying to build a program which takes (on mouse click) the text of
    any
    given input text box on any window and change it.
    how do i get the object of the text box and set my text to its value.

    thanks...

  2. Re: get an object from a window and editing it

    "checkit" wrote in message
    > hello,
    > i trying to build a program which takes (on mouse click) the text of
    > any
    > given input text box on any window and change it.
    > how do i get the object of the text box and set my text to its value.

    Install a global hook to catch the mouse click, call GetWindowText() and
    then send the result to your application using some suitable RPC (mailslot,
    named pipe, DDE, ...).

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread