A C unix server with a windows client - Programmer

This is a discussion on A C unix server with a windows client - Programmer ; Hi, i have written i simple C server with Socket under linux. I have no problem with a unix client, but if the client is written in C under windows read and write does not work properly... what should i ...

  1. A C unix server with a windows client

    Hi,
    i have written i simple C server with Socket under linux. I have no
    problem with a unix client, but if the client is written in C under
    windows read and write does not work properly...
    what should i do??

    thanx

    Davide

  2. Re: A C unix server with a windows client

    "Seth" wrote in message
    news:1194902276.585322.96900@o3g2000hsb.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Hi,
    > i have written i simple C server with Socket under linux. I have no
    > problem with a unix client, but if the client is written in C under
    > windows read and write does not work properly...
    > what should i do??

    You should rewrite your code so that it is correct. Sockets are
    OS-agnostic. If written correctly, the socket code does not care if it is
    run under Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, whatever. It's only code that is
    written incorrectly that has problems.

+ Reply to Thread