I'm writing a music sharing application and I'm considering using Windows
file sharing to allow users to access each other's music collections over
a network (including the internet). Is Windows file sharing a good
candidate for this, do you think? I've found it very convenient to access
other host's resources via Windows file sharing on port 445, and I have
the libraries for doing this in C++.

However, my problem is being able to set up file sharing on each host's
machine. Does Windows provide an API for doing this? If so, could someone
please point me in the right direction?

Graham Shortt