On 26.10.08 22:30, Nimer Yusef wrote:
> I'm running some tests on a Debian Lenny machine with proftp.
> Installation and everything works fine, as long as I don't activate TLS.
> In the moment I activate TLS I have huge problems.

what do you mean "huge problems"?

> Is it a problem regarding the FTP-Client? Or my config?
> My proftpd.conf (TLS Part):
> TLSEngine on
> TLSRequired on
> TLSLog /var/log/ftp_tls.log
> TLSProtocol SSLv23

SSL protocol version 2 is obsolete and insecure. ProFTPD even does not
support it. So you only turned TLSv1 off.

> TLSOptions NoCertRequest
> TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/ssl/private/domain.org.pem
> TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/domain.org.key
> TLSVerifyClient off

> The TLS-Log
> Oct 26 22:15:26 mod_tls/2.1.2[2908]: using default OpenSSL verification
> locations (see $SSL_CERT_DIR environment variable)
> Oct 26 22:15:36 mod_tls/2.1.2[2908]: TLS/TLS-C requested, starting TLS
> handshake
> Oct 26 22:15:36 mod_tls/2.1.2[2908]: TLSv1/SSLv3 connection accepted, using
> cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
> Oct 26 22:15:36 mod_tls/2.1.2[2908]: Protection set to Private
> Oct 26 22:15:56 mod_tls/2.1.2[2908]: Protection set to Private

I don't see any problem here.

> How can I find out more about this?
> Which client can I use, to avoid that the client is the problem? I'm running
> currently an Ubuntu 7.10 but I think I can manage to install an appropiete
> client.

post informations about your problem first.
Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?