[Proftpd-user] Number of "mount --bind": what is the best practice? - proftpd

This is a discussion on [Proftpd-user] Number of "mount --bind": what is the best practice? - proftpd ; Hi, I am using proftpd 1.3.1 with about 100 users (Fedora release 8). I am using DefaultRoot directive, so that every user is chrooted in his homedir, and "mount --bind" to give them access to 2 directories outside of the ...

  1. [Proftpd-user] Number of "mount --bind": what is the best practice?

    Hi,
    I am using proftpd 1.3.1 with about 100 users (Fedora release 8). I am
    using DefaultRoot directive, so that every user is chrooted in his
    homedir, and "mount --bind" to give them access to 2 directories
    outside of the chroot as described at:
    http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Chroot.html
    So I will have about 200 directories mounted with "mount --bind". Do
    you think this is a problem? What is the best practice here?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mathieu

  2. Re: [Proftpd-user] Number of "mount --bind": what is the bestpractice?

    On 01.10.08 11:09, Mathieu Peltier wrote:
    > I am using proftpd 1.3.1 with about 100 users (Fedora release 8). I am
    > using DefaultRoot directive, so that every user is chrooted in his
    > homedir, and "mount --bind" to give them access to 2 directories
    > outside of the chroot as described at:
    > http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Chroot.html
    > So I will have about 200 directories mounted with "mount --bind". Do
    > you think this is a problem? What is the best practice here?

    we solved similar problem by using two virtual hosts that chroot into
    different directories.
    user have to choose where do they need to login.

    We have much more then 200 users