[Proftpd-user] hostname based virtual host - proftpd

This is a discussion on [Proftpd-user] hostname based virtual host - proftpd ; No no! Don't worry! I won't ask how can i do it? I read some document in proftpd web site, there is a limitation about it in FTP. Ok, but i want to ask how they do this? How does ...

  1. [Proftpd-user] hostname based virtual host

    No no! Don't worry! I won't ask how can i do it? I read some document
    in proftpd web site, there is a limitation about it in FTP.

    Ok, but i want to ask how they do this? How does it work? Look here,
    http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/320/u...al-host-names/

    It seems that they use the same ip and the same port. Any opinion?

    (I also have asked this at
    http://forums.proftpd.org/smf/index....ic,3486.0.html)

  2. Re: [Proftpd-user] hostname based virtual host

    > Ok, but i want to ask how they do this? How does it work? Look here,
    > http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/320/u...al-host-names/

    Well, they force users to login with 'www.virtualname|johndoe', so this is
    just per-user virtual root.
    I have also seen people using extended headers to accomplish more 'real'
    virtual servers in ftp ('SITE HOSTNAME www.virtual.name' and such)
    --
    Dariush Pietrzak,
    Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294 05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9

  3. Re: [Proftpd-user] hostname based virtual host

    > Well, they force users to login with 'www.virtualname|johndoe', so this is
    > just per-user virtual root.

    Ouch! I hadn't read the whole page.. Now I got it. Sorry for bothering