On Jul 30, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Marcus Bernett wrote:

> Hello,
> i tried to start my proftpd 1.3.1 as follow:
> /usr/local/sbin/proftpd start
> but it doesnt work. The message is: unknown parameter: 'start'
> what ist the problem ?

that isn't a startup script. It is the server binary..

what OS are you using. How did you install it etc... As that will
determine what the correct startup procedure is.

Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer
INOC (http://www.inoc.net)
PGPKEY (http://www.inoc.net/~doon)
Key ID: 0x370D752C

"Wooh, All this computer hacking is making me thirsty, I think I'll
order a Tab"
--Homer Simpson

ProFTPD Users List
Unsubscribe problems?