On Jul 30, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Marcus Bernett wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i tried to start my proftpd 1.3.1 as follow:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/proftpd start
>

> but it doesnt work. The message is: unknown parameter: 'start'
>
> what ist the problem ?

that isn't a startup script. It is the server binary..

what OS are you using. How did you install it etc... As that will
determine what the correct startup procedure is.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

"Wooh, All this computer hacking is making me thirsty, I think I'll
order a Tab"
--Homer Simpson