[Proftpd-user] problems with RequireValidShell - proftpd

This is a discussion on [Proftpd-user] problems with RequireValidShell - proftpd ; Hello Guys, I'm having invalid shell errors: Jul 30 11:54:01 ftpserver proftpd[3305] xx.xx.xx.xx (yy.yy.yy.yy[yy.yy.yy.yy]): USER portal (Login failed): Invalid shell: '/bin/false' even with RequireValidShell off on the xx.xx.xx.xx VirtualHost configuration. I have even tried to RequireValidShell off on the whole ...

  1. [Proftpd-user] problems with RequireValidShell

    Hello Guys,

    I'm having invalid shell errors:

    Jul 30 11:54:01 ftpserver proftpd[3305] xx.xx.xx.xx
    (yy.yy.yy.yy[yy.yy.yy.yy]): USER portal (Login failed): Invalid shell:
    '/bin/false'

    even with

    RequireValidShell off

    on the xx.xx.xx.xx VirtualHost configuration. I have even tried to
    RequireValidShell off on the whole server, but none works.

    in some documentations i see 'RequireValidShell no' and in others
    'off'. Which is the correct way, or both should work ?

    Can someone test the RequireValidShell feature please and check if
    it's working properly ?? I'm using 1.3.2rc1.

    --

    Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues

    gertrudes@solutti.com.br
    My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

  2. Re: [Proftpd-user] problems with RequireValidShell

    > on the xx.xx.xx.xx VirtualHost configuration. I have even tried to
    > RequireValidShell off on the whole server, but none works.

    By "on the whole server", do you mean outside of any
    sections, or do you mean within a section? There's a difference;
    see:

    http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Vhost.html

    Is it possible that proftpd is reading a different config file than the
    one you're editing?

    > in some documentations i see 'RequireValidShell no' and in others
    > 'off'. Which is the correct way, or both should work ?

    Both will work.

    It might help if you post your full proftpd.conf.

    TJ

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Conquer yourself rather than the world.

    -Descartes

  3. Re: [Proftpd-user] problems with RequireValidShell

    Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães escreveu:
    > Can someone test the RequireValidShell feature please and check if
    > it's working properly ?? I'm using 1.3.2rc1.

    forget it ..... it was a mistyped command here that was messing
    things up.

    it's working properly.

    --

    Atenciosamente / Sincerily,