[Proftpd-user] problem with ExtendedLog - proftpd

This is a discussion on [Proftpd-user] problem with ExtendedLog - proftpd ; Hello Guys, i have this config directives on my proftpd.conf: LogFormat default "%h %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/transfer.log auth,dirs,read,write default but i cannot get it to work !! transfer.log file is not created .... i'm using 1.3.2rc1 what ...

  1. [Proftpd-user] problem with ExtendedLog

    Hello Guys,

    i have this config directives on my proftpd.conf:

    LogFormat default "%h %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
    ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/transfer.log auth,dirs,read,write default

    but i cannot get it to work !! transfer.log file is not created ....

    i'm using 1.3.2rc1

    what am i doing wrong ?? Thanks for your tips.

    --

    Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues

    gertrudes@solutti.com.br
    My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

  2. Re: [Proftpd-user] problem with ExtendedLog

    Stéphane Guedon escreveu:
    > maybe you can do a touch to create the file ... ?

    i have already tried that, i have already tried chmod 777 on the
    file .... but it simply doesnt receive the logs ....

    --

    Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues

    gertrudes@solutti.com.br
    My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

  3. Re: [Proftpd-user] problem with ExtendedLog

    Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães escreveu:
    > i have this config directives on my proftpd.conf:
    >
    > LogFormat default "%h %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"
    > ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/transfer.log auth,dirs,read,write default
    >
    > but i cannot get it to work !! transfer.log file is not created ....
    >
    > i'm using 1.3.2rc1

    found the problem ..... seems that on proftpd 1.3.1 and 1.3.2rc1 the
    classes names MUST be capitalized. So, instead of:

    ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/transfer.log auth,dirs,read,write default

    i used

    ExtendedLog /var/log/proftpd/transfer.log AUTH,DIRS,READ,WRITE default

    and everything worked fine.

    --

    Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues