--===============2088375504==

--0-746790484-1209661800=:83060

Hi,

Here's a perhaps unusual request, either for information or an enhancement:

We have a low-grade network at our office, where we conduct support activities for many Unix systems.
We occasionally have to ftp large files to/from here.
Standard (SCO unix) ftp client slaughters the network's performance.

Is there a way to have ftp behave 'nicely'?
On these occasions, a 40Mbyte file would take 20 minutes to transfer & reduce us to watching for successful keystrokes on our PCs, where we use Citrix to log in to a major client.

As the file could well be required 'some time today', it would be useful to be able to throttle back the network usage.

Can this presently be accomplished, or would it require a code change?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

---------------------------------
Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.
--0-746790484-1209661800=:83060

Hi,

Here's a perhaps unusual request, either for information or an enhancement:

We have a low-grade network at our office, where we conduct support activities for many Unix systems.
We occasionally have to ftp large files to/from here.
Standard (SCO unix) ftp client slaughters the network's performance.

Is there a way to have ftp behave 'nicely'?
On these occasions, a 40Mbyte file would take 20 minutes to transfer & reduce us to watching for successful keystrokes on our PCs, where we use Citrix to log in to a major client.

As the file could well be required 'some time today', it would be useful to be able to throttle back the network usage.

Can this presently be accomplished, or would it require a code change?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Sent from href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailuk/taglines/isp/control/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=52418/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html" target=_blank>Yahoo! Mail.

A Smarter Email.