Hello,

This is my first posting to this list. I am having trouble getting ProFTPd
1.3.1 to work with auth TLS/SSL on a FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system.

There isn't much in logs.

Apr 17 07:45:53 mod_tls/2.1.2[70901]: using default OpenSSL verification
locations (see $SSL_CERT_DIR environment variable)

I have this configured in the config file:

#tls sessions

TLSEngine on
TLSLog /var/log/proftpd.tlslog
TLSProtocol SSLv23
TLSRequired ctrl
TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/ssl/proftpd/cert.pem
TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/proftpd/key.pem
TLSVerifyClient on
TLSRenegotiate required on

I tried various configurations, including
TLSRequired on / off / auth

I am using a TotalCommander client from a Windows machine.

The response is always:
AUTH TLS
500 Command not understood
AUTH SSL