Hi List,

For the migration from BulletProof FTP Server
(http://www.bpftpserver.com/) to ProFTPD I need a way to provide
virtual subdirectories (or virtual symlinks) based on a users
group membership.

I did a quick search on Google but came up empty

The reason I need this is that we provide different data-sets in
our application to users based on group membership.

So the application does a CWD data which actually is directory data1
for user A and directory data2 for user B.

I know I can achieve this by using mount --bind or
symlinks and mod-vroot but I would like something more dynamic
as user info is to be centralized in LDAP or SQL.

Is such functionality available with ProFTPD?
If not, would it be difficult (possible) to create it?

THNX && GRTNX,
RobJE

This e-mail is from Meteo Consult B.V., a MeteoGroup company. For more information, see http://www.weer.nl/gebruiksvoorwaarden.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of MeteoGroup.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.